Wakeman Boys & Girls Club
You may have heard of Wakeman Boys & Girls Club, but
do you really know who we are?
Here are a few facts about our Club and the programs we offer:
- Our mission is to guide and inspire young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens.
- We have been a part of the community since 1913 - we're celebrating 100 years!
- We serve more than 4,200 children and teens each year.
- We have 3 Clubhouses: the Southport Clubhouse and Stratfield Clubhouse in Fairfield and the Smilow-Burroughs Clubhouse in the West End of Bridgeport.
- We coordinate an award-winning mentoring program at McKinley Elementary School.
- We offer more than 150 programs for our kids.
- We rely on more than 300 volunteers each year who coach, mentor, tutor, serve on event committees and our Board of Trustees and Unit Advisory Boards, teach programs, and much, much more.
Want to learn more or get involved? Contact Us to tour a Clubhouse, register your child to become a member, volunteer at one of our Clubhouses, or make a donation to support one of our programs.
Want to stay in touch? Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and sign up for our e-newsletter.